Wednesday 7 September 2011

Pineapple and Coconut Cake

One of my favourite drinks during my teens was Piña Colada. Even as a soft drink, it had that tropical aura that brought me to a holidays and exotic islands ambience. All that just for the price of a drink!



That's why, for me, and I think for many people in my generation, the pineapple and coconut flavours combined have that magic! So, why not try this winning combination on a cake? I'm sure this is not an original idea, but this recipe come to me from no more inspiration than the one given by a cocktail that I drunk twenty years ago!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
300 g sugar
150 ml vegetable oil
150 ml pineapple pulp
50 g grated coconut
250 g flour with baking powder
Beat the eggs with the sugar until you have an homogeneous mixture. Add the oil and continue beating. Next add the pineapple pulp (I reduce the fruit pieces to a pure with the hand mixer) and the coconut. Finally, add the flour, mixing carefully but without beating. Cook in medium oven in a pan greased and dusted.



Good appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment